25 Pieces Of Life Advice From Children
I showed 30 of my students the short video below, "57 Years Apart" it's a conversation between a man and a little boy, at the end the man gives the boy advice for life and the boy then gives his own advice to the man. It's sweet, and lovely and prompted me to ask my students for their own advice for adults. They had a lot to say! These students range in ages from 6 to 13. I've corrected spelling mistakes but kept the grammar and vocabulary as written on their pieces of paper.
I found their advice to be an important reminder of what we should be keeping in mind. This isn't all of the advice they gave, I picked the parts that made me smile, made me giggle and warmed my heart as well as the ones that came up time and time again - "Don't change for anyone", being the big one! I hope this brings a smile to your face as it did mine.
- You should do the cooking.
- Be positive.
- If you want to be happy, listen to music.
- Even if you're treated badly, be nice.
- Be more friendly.
- Don't try to be another person, be yourself.
- Help others.
- Treat others how you want them to treat you.
- To be happy, spend time with family.
- To be happy, cook pizza.
- Love your family.
- Don't change if you don't want to, because you are you and if others don't love you as you are, they won't love you any more if you change.
- Live the life you want to live and if you want something fight for it.
- Always remember the good things.
- Don't stop doing the things you love most.
- Live your life and don't get involved in other people's lives.
- Enjoy every moment and never look back.
- Always think the good life is your life. Don't look behind, look infront.
- Follow your road.
- Hakuna matata.
- Always have an optimistic mind.
- Don't worry, be happy.
- Love without worrying
- Try everything you want to do.
- Don't let being old change who you are