Aubergine & Mushroom Risotto Recipe & Video
A light, deliciously yummy flavoursome risotto, that even the meat lovers will enjoy. With slow cooked onion and garlic which adds a caramelised sweetness to the dish, the aubergine and mushrooms taste rich and delightful. The touch of red wine adds an indulgent aroma, whilst the brown rice gives a satisfying bite to this scrumptious dish.
Aubergine & Mushroom Risotto Ingredients: SERVES 6
- 1 red onion - diced
- 2 cloves of garlic - crushed
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 aubergine - chopped
- 10 mushrooms - rinsed and sliced
- 2 cups of risotto rice
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 veggie stock cubes
- 1 cup of red wine
- In a large saucepan add the olive oil and heat on a low temperature.
- Add the onion and garlic and allow to cook on low for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the pan along with the aubergine, mushrooms and rice.
- Add the stock cube to the mixture along with the cup of water and red wine.
- Leave to simmer for 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked. You may need to add extra water if the rice soaks it all up.
- Stir regularly whilst it is cooking.
- Serve and enjoy.
Pin this recipe for later: