This very simple beetroot and carrot slaw is so easy to make. It's wonderful teamed with a salad or a topping for a jacket potato.
I love the tangy lime juice which sits among the sweetness of the grated beetroot and juicy sweet sultanas.
This takes just ten minutes to make up and will keep in the fridge for a good four to five days.
This recipe is featured in The Un-Boring Salad Guide.
Grab your FREE copy of the guide here and change your salads forever.
Beetroot & Carrot Slaw
A simple carrot and beetroot slaw which is perfect on jacket potatoes or as a side.
Makes: 6 - 8Servings
- 2 Cooked Beetroots
- 4 Carrots
- 1 Handful of Sultanas
- Salt & Pepper
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Pop the sultanas in a cup and cover with warm water. Leave aside.
- Grate the beetroot and carrot.
- Place the beetroot and carrot in a bowl and mix in a drizzle of olive oil, the juice of one lime and the salt and pepper.
- Once the sultanas are soft add them to the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Serve as a side or on a jacket potato