Rather an unusual combination, this beetroot and pear pasta salad came from my love of mixing sweet and savoury. I adore the crisp sweetness of pear mixed with the cold, savoury guten free pasta.
Feel free to use normal pasta if you're not gluten sensitive, it works just as well of course!
As well as being delightfully scrumptious, I adore the colour of this pasta salad. I mean, pink food really is the best isn't it?! Can I pull a mean girls and say "On Wednesdays we eat pink" ? (And literally any other day.)
Beetroot & Pear Pasta Salad
An unusual put scrumptious pasta salad
Makes: 6 Servings
- 4 Cups of gluten free pasta
- 1 Cooked beetroot grated
- 2 Pears
- Salt & Pepper
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Pop the pasta in boiling water to cook for the time indicated on the packet.
- Grate the beetroot and slice the pear thinly.
- Drain the pasta and leave to cool
- Mix the beetroot and pear into the pasta. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.