Blueberry Jam - Sugar Free - Home Made Jam Recipe With No Added Sugar
There is something so very heart warming and soothing about picking blackberries as Summer turns to Autumn, the thorns pricking the soft skin of your fingers as you gently pull the berry off to pop into your bowl or basket. The bird’s tweeting and twittering serving as nature’s very own soundtrack for the occasion. I often change my mind as I pick, maybe i’ll make a blackberry and apple pie, no blackberry biscuits…or what about a simple sugar free blackberry jam? A jam to hastily spread over my toast in the morning as I drink a cup of tea far too quickly, a small, sweet, delicious breakfast treat to start the day. Yes, blackberry jam will do just fine.
This recipe has just three ingredients; blackberries, water and lemon juice. It’s so simple to make, the lemon juice serves to preserve the jam. Be sure to steralise your jam jars so that the jam keeps.
Sugar Free Blackberry Jam
A simple Blackberry jam made with 3 ingredients and no added sugar.
Makes: 1 small Jar
- 300g of blackberries
- 250 ml of water
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Wash the fruit.
- Place the blackberries into a large saucepan and cover with 200ml of water.
- Bring to the boil on high for 5 minutes.
- Simmer on low heat for an hour and stir occasionally.
- Stir in the lemon juice once you have taken the pan off the heat and leave to cool.
- Once cooled a little, spoon the jam into the sterilised jars and leave to cool fully.