Carrot Cake Pancakes
These Carrot Cake Pancakes were born from my recent bid to become more curious, I decided to experiment with a few ingredients in my fridge for breakfast.
Using carrots, an apple and dates along with orange zest, juice and a squeeze of lemon juice, I created one of the yummiest gluten free pancake mixes I have ever come across!
These pancakes are gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free making them very Pe-ta Friendly! They do include eggs, but you can swap up the eggs for flax eggs instead!
Free From Carrot Cake Pancakes
A delicious free from carrot cake pancake recipe which is gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free
Makes: 6 Pancakes
- 140g or 1 Cup of Rice Flour
- 2 Eggs or Flax Eggs
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Apple
- 6 Dates
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Zest & Juice of 1 Orange
- Pinch of Salt
- ½ tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp of Ground Ginger
- Drop of water
- 1 tsp of Coconut Oil
- In a food processor place the 2 chopped carrots, 1 cored and chopped apple,6 dates, juice of 1 lemon, zest and juice of 1 orange, pinch of salt, 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon and ¼ tsp of ground ginger
- Mix thoroughly. You can keep this in the fridge overnight if you wish to make the pancakes the following day.
- Mix in the flour and eggs. Add a drop of water or plant based milk if needed.
- In a frying pan place the tsp of coconut oil and allow to heat up on medium-high
- Pour a ladel of the pancake mixture into the frying pan.
- After a minute or so flip the pancake.
- Serve with a drizzle of honey and a sprinkling of mixed seeds.