Mash is one of my go to comfort foods. I love drizzling mine with honey and mixed seeds or teaming it with roasted parsnips, broccoli and an onion gravy. I lived off this when I had my wisdom teeth removed, it's easy to digest and really rather healing. Soulful food at it's best.
Carrot and Potato Mash - Dairy Free
Mashed potato and carrot - is there anything more comforting and warming? This bowl of goodness is dairy free and gluten free as well as refined sugar free. It's filling, and warming whilst not being too heavy.
Makes: 4 Servings
- 3 Medium sized potatoes
- 6 Medum sized carrots
- 4 Tbsp of rice milk - or any milk
- 4 Tbsp of olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Pre-heat oven to 180'c.
- Chop potatoes and carrots into cubes.
- Place into a mixing bowl and add 2 tbsp of olive oil along with salt and pepper. Mix with hands.
- Roast in the oven for 30-40 mins or until cooked through.
- Place into a food processor with 4 tbsp of milk and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Mix and serve.