This Cauliflower and Carrot Mash is ever so easy to make, and as the vegetables are roasted it keeps all of the goodness locked in. I'm all about food that makes the soul and body feel content, warm, nourished and happy, and this definitely ticks all of the boxes. I sautéed some mushrooms in broth and popped some broccoli in the oven to accompany the mushrooms and mash. I topped with crushed walnuts to add a satisfying crunch and a drizzle of runny golden honey.
The cooler weather brings a desire for warming comfort food like no other this time of year. It's the perfect excuse to make a huge bowl of goodness, shut the world out with a swish of the curtains and snuggle up under blankets. I started experimenting with different kinds of mash when I had my wisdom teeth removed. I have to say, it really cemented my love for soulful food as I couldn't eat solids for about a week.
Cauliflower and Carrot Mash Ingredients:
- 1 small cauliflower
- 2 large carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tomato
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Cut the cauliflower and carrots up roughly into bite sized pieces, slice the pepper into four and the tomato in two, pop onto an oven proof tray.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top and some salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven at 180'c for 30-40 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Once cooked mash - I use either a hand held blender or my food processor.
Pin For Later: