Cauliflower Flatbread With Guacamole & Salsa
A wonderful alternative to pizza, these gluten free and dairy free flat breads are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Makes: 6 flatbreads
- 1 small cauliflower
- 3 cups of rice flour
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 handful of coriander
- 1 tsp of thyme
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cups of water
- 1 avocado
- Juice of one orange
- Salt & pepper to season
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 onion
- 4 mushrooms
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 can of sweetcorn
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 carton of pasatta
- 1 tsp of spicy paprika
- 1 tsp of sweet paprika
- Pre-heat oven to 200'c.
- Cut the cauliflower into chunks and place in a food processor. Mix until finely chopped.
- Place the cauliflower into a rice bag and squeeze until all of the excess liquid has been removed - this is a very important step!
- Put the cauliflower into a large mixing bowl, add the rice flour, salt, pepper, finely chopped coriander, thyme and olive oil. Mix well and slowly add water until a dough is formed. Be careful not to add too much water.
- Roll into rectangular shapes of about a finger in thickness.
- Place in the oven to cook for 15 minutes, turn over and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- For the Guacamole, mash the avocado and mix with the orange juice, add salt and pepper and stir well.
- For the Salsa, in a frying pan add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Heat on medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until golden and soft.
- Now add the finely chopped mushrooms, chopped red pepper, quartered cherry tomatoes and a can of drained sweetcorn.
- Stir well and add the tomato passata, spicy paprika and sweet paprika. Leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- When the flatbreads are ready, remove carefully from the oven. Spread the guacamole on top and finally spoon the salsa on. Enjoy!