These dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar free chocolate oat biscuits are a great vegan friendly sweet snack. They are very easy to bake and keep for 3-5 days. They freeze well making them a great batch recipe.
Enjoy these wheat free cookies with a nice cup of tea, a steaming coffee or, even better, a mug of dairy free hot chocolate. Made with dark chocolate buttons, gluten free oats, deliciously golden maple syrup and, of course, a pinch of Cornish sea salt, these plant based cookies will have everyone's mouth watering at just the smell alone.
They take just 10 minutes to bake in the oven, with a quick 2 minute blast in the microwave before rolling the balls of oaty goodness, before flattening them onto grease proof paper on a baking tray.
Chocolate Oat Cookies
A yummy free from chocolate oat cookie recipe which is super easy to bake.
Makes: 8-10 Cookies
- 1 Cup or 130g of Oats - Make sure they are gluten free if you are gluten sensitive.
- A handful of free from chocolate buttons, chocolate chips or small pieces of chocolate
- 1 tbsp of unrefined caster sugar
- A pinch of sea salt
- 4 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of soya milk
- Pre-heat oven to 200'c
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Pop the mixing bowl into the microwave on full for 2 mins
- Remove, carefully roll into balls and flatten on grease proof paper on a baking tray.
- Pop into the oven for 10 minutes.