One of my favourite dishes has to be Arroz A La Cubana - Cuban Rice. A delicious paella type dish topped with fried eggs. I had this for lunch today and it really was every kind of wonderful. The tomato purée I use is homemade as supermarket bought purée tends to have added sugar which I can't consume. This Spanish rice dish is a quick and easy mid week dinner, which doubles up as a fab take to work lunch without the eggs! This recipe serves 4 medium portions.
Cuban Rice Ingredients:
1 Green Pepper
1 Cup Of Peas
1 Veggie Stock Cube
1/2 Cup Tomato Purée
1. In a large saucepan fry the chopped onion in olive oil.
2. Once golden brown add the chopped pepper and peas.
3. Add the rice and stock cube and stir.
4. Add the tomato purée - I make my own as shops tend to add sugar to them.
5. Add a cup of water and a pinch of salt and pepper to season. Stir often whilst the rice cooks.
6. Once the rice has cooked, fry the eggs and serve as pictured!
Shop this recipe.
The items featured below are affiliate products.
Pin this recipe for later: