Dairy Free Mac ‘n’ Cheese
Dairy Free Mac 'n' Cheese
A deliciously creamy dairy free and gluten free macaroni cheese recipe.
Makes: 4 servings
- 200g of cheese - I use a dairy free cheese by Natursoy which is made from coconut fat, potato starch and various flours. If using a dairy free cheese make sure it melts well.
- 200g of dried pasta - I use pasta made from quinoa which is gluten free.
- 3 tbsp of rice flour
- 150ml of rice milk
- 6 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 handfuls of nachos
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper to season
- Pre-heat oven to 200'c
- Cook the pasta in a boiling water for a couple of minutes less than the recommended cooking time.
- In a large saucepan heat the 6 tbsp of olive oil. Add the crushed garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the 3 tbsp of rice flour and stir well, leave to cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Now slowly add the 150ml of rice milk little by little, whisking as you go to avoid lumps.
- Add salt and pepper to season.
- Leave to cook for 10 minutes.
- Now add three quarters of the grated cheese. Leave to cook for 10 minutes and turn the heat off.
- Mix in the pasta and spoon into a large baking tray.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and crushed the nachos in your hands, sprinkle those on top too. Cook for 20 minutes and enjoy!