French Onion Soup
French Onion Soup - deliciously warming with a touch of sweetness and incredibly good for the immune system, perfect for fighting off those winter colds. This recipe isn't a vegan recipe and uses beef bone broth, you can find my recipe for bone broth here and my reasons for adding it into my diet.
Packed with onions and garlic, I wouldn't recommend entering a kissathon after having this for lunch! Onion and Garlic are both natural antibiotics with a wide range of super powers. If you're feeling a little under the weather, give this French Onion Soup a try.
French Onion Soup Ingredients: Serves 4
- 5 Large White Onions
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 4 Cups of Beef Broth
- 1/2 Cup of Red Wine
- 3 Tbsp of Honey
- In a large saucepan drizzle a spot of olive oil, or I use the fat on the top of the beef broth if it has been refridgerated. Heat the pan on low.
- Peel and loosely cut the onions, peel and crush the garlic.
- Add the onions and garlic into the pan and cook on low for 30-40 minutes, stirring every now and then.
- Once golden brown and soft, add in the beef broth, red wine and honey.
- Turn up to medium heat, and bring to the boil. Leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
I'd love to know if you have tried this recipe, and how it worked for you. You can save this recipe on pinterest for later here: