Gingerbread Chocolate Truffles
These Gingerbread Chocolate Truffles are mouth wateringly delicious. They're dairy free and refined sugar free and would make a lovely little edible gift for friends. I'm completely hooked on them, probably because I adore anything gingerbread flavoured and chocolatey this time of year. Very easy to make, these festive truffles will keep in the fridge for a week, if you can manage not to nibble them during that time... I totally can´t.
Gingerbread Chocolate Truffle Ingredients: Makes 20-25 Truffles.
- 1.5 cups of oats
- 2 handfuls of walnuts
- 2 handfuls of sultanas
- 2 tsps of ginger
- 2 tsps of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of mixed spice
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 3 tbsps Of Honey
- Pinch of sea salt
For the topping and decoration:
- Half a bar of dark, organic chocolate
- Unrefined organic sugar
- sea salt crystals
Method to make festive truffles:
- Place 1.5 cups of oats, 2 handfuls of walnuts, 2 handfuls of sultanas, 2 tsps of ginger, 2 tsps cinnamon,1 tsp of mixed spice, 2 tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt into a food processor. Mix thoroughly.
- Add 3 tbsp of honey and mix thoroughly again.
- Roll into balls and place on a tray.
- Melt the dark chocolate and carefully dip half of the ball into the chocolate. Repeat for every ball.
- Place in the fridge to set for around 40 minutes.
- Remove and dampen the bottom of each balls with a little bit of water.
- Rub the bottom in unrefined organic sugar and sprinkle some sea salt crystals and sugar on top.
Pin this recipe for later here: