Gluten Free & Dairy Free Veggie Pizza - Rice Flour Base
A delightful gluten free and dairy free pizza. Add whatever topping you fancy, I went for veggies as I tend to eat only a small amount of meat.
The pizza base is made using a mixture of rice flour, olive oil, sea salt and water. It tastes great and is actually better if all cooked together, rather than pre-cooking the base and then adding toppings.
Remember, free from food will taste slightly different at first, especially if you're used to doughy cheesy pizzas, but your tastebuds will adapt. This is by far one of my favourite comfort meals, it has a satisfying healthy twist whilst still filling my soul with goodness and my tummy with yumminess!
Gluten & Dairy Free Veggie Pizza
This free from pizza is very simple to make and is a healthy comfort food option that fills the soul and makes my tummy feel all kinds of wonderful.
Makes: 1 Pizza
- 1 Cup of rice flour
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- ½ Cup of water
- ½ Carton of tomato purée
- ¼ Red & ¼ of Green Pepper chopped up
- ½ Onion thinly sliced
- 1 Mushroom sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 200’c
- In a bowl mix one cup of rice flour with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Little by little add the water as you mix until it forms a dough.
- Flatten with your hands onto a greased baking tray.
- Cover the base in tomato purée
- Add toppings of your choice, I chose red and green pepper, onion and mushroom for this one.
- Cook for around 20 minutes and enjoy!