This homemade crisp salad is a brilliant Summer lunch, it would go fabulously with some bread - hello crisp sandwich of dreams. I drizzled balsamic glaze over the top, however I reckon mayonaise would also be delightful.
Eating a healthy lunch doesn't have to be boring, it most certainly doesn't have to be rabbit food-esque! Feel free to go wild with the salad and add any ingredients you fancy, I just used what I had in my fridge, the best part about this particular plate are the crispy homemade crisps.
In need of Foodspiration when it comes to Salads? Get The Un-Boring Salad Guide for Free here!
Homemade Crisp Salad - A Simple Lunch
A very simple salad with homemade crisps perfect for a Summer’s day.
Makes: 1 Salad
- 1 Small potato
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 4 Lettuce Leaves
- 1 Tomato
- ¼ Red Pepper
- Balsamic Glaze
- Pre-heat oven to 200’c
- Thinly slice the potato. Drizzle olive oil over the top and a sprinkle of sea salt. Pop in the oven for 10-15 mins until crispy.
- Whilst the crisps cook, place the lettuce on a plate.
- Add the chopped tomato and red pepper.
- Once the crisps are crispy, add them to the salad.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze on top.