This is the third time I've started this post, to be quite honest it's going to be the last. I just messaged a friend to tell her that this blog post isn't going well... it's important details like this that I feel my friends have to know. I already wrote a little farewell post to twenty five but as it's my last day as a twenty-five year old, I thought maybe I'd put together a little list on what I've learned this year.
Dear nearly twenty six year old me,
- The loveliest people will enter your life when you least expect it.
- Ice cold smoothies will get you through wisdom teeth removal recovery.
- Tea will always make everything that little bit better.
- Always have spare light bulbs on hand, living in darkness for weeks on end because you keep forgetting to buy new ones becomes quite challenging.
- Getting a class of 6 year olds into costume on your own for a theatre production should be considered an extreme sport.
- Kids will always be ridiculously, and at times, soul destroyingly honest. Just roll with it.
- Your laptop never has as much charge as you think it does.
- Nor does your phone.
- There are things you will never forgive yourself for but little by little time heals everything.
- Family always comes first.
- Sleep is far more important than you realise. Get more.
- Meeting new people can only ever be a good thing.
- Everything that is normal can change in a second. Appreciate all that you have and tell those you love exactly what they mean to you.
- There is no better snack than chocolate energy balls.
- Rum and tequila have a tendency to wipe your memory.
- It's a lot easier to stick to going to the gym if you have a gym buddy waiting for you at 7am.
- Experiences, moments and memories will always be more valuable than any amount of money.
- Get a protective cover on your phone, you have a tendency to drop it at least 5 times a day.
- Be playful, energetic and full of life, brighten people's days and smile all the time.
- Always remember to close cupboard doors when you're cooking, you will bang your head if you don't.
- There's nothing like realising you have no time at all to do something to kick yourself into epic productivity mode.
- You have friends who would do absolutely anything for you, make sure they know that you'd do the same for them.
- Yeast makes you spotty, steer clear of beer and bread. Oh the misery.
- Worrying achieves nothing.
- Last but not least, be spontaneous and open to change because if not some of the best memories of level 25 would never have happened.Level 25 complete.