Microwave oat brownies - mouthwateringly delicious, plant based brownies made from oats, walnuts, sultanas, pure cacao, chia seeds and honey. A wonderful guilt free sweet treat, that could possibly make the most delightful breakfast - perfect for Fridays I say!!
I've always been rather envious of those who can make a delicious, warm brownie in a mug - so easy, so simple, so yummy. Unfortunately the recipes I found always included dairy and refined white sugar, two things I steer clear of. I'm very proud to report that this recipe is both dairy free and refined white sugar free, phew!
These brownies are actually rather good for you - substituting flour for oats, adding walnuts which are amazing for skin and hair, a good old dollop of honey - fabulous for the immune system darling, and the super powder pure cacao. All mixed up in the yummiest of warm brownies.
Microwave Brownie Ingredients:
- 2 Cups of Oats - If you are gluten sensitive be sure to use gluten free oats.
- 1 Cup of Sultanas
- 2 Handfuls of Walnuts
- 2 Heaped tbsps of Pure Cacao
- 4 Tbsps of Chia Seeds
- 5 Tbsps of Honey / Agave Syrup
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and mix thoroughly.
- Pop all of the mixture into a brownie tray and press down firmly, really squashing the mixture tightly.
- Pop in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Cut into slices, and warm the slice up on a plate in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea.
Pin For Later: