These mini cauliflower pizza bases are a great free from gluten option. The chia seeds help to bind the mixture and they're really rather yummy!
Make sure you squeeze the excess water out of the cauliflower, which is explained in the method as this is the most important step!
I love teaming these with sweet potato wedges. They feel like such a yummy treat and oooooh I just love them so much!
Mini Cauliflower Pizza Bases
What is your favourite pizza topping? These Mini Cauliflower Pizza Bases which are Free From Gluten, Dairy & Refined Sugar go well with most toppings! I've got such a thing about these pizza bases, I even eat them without a topping.
Makes: 8-10 Bases
- Half a medium sized cauliflower
- 1 cup or 100g of rice flour
- 3 Tbsp of chia seeds
- 4 Tbsp of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Wash and roughly chop the cauliflower, place into a food processor and mix thoroughly.
- Pre-heat oven to 180'c.
- We need to squeeze the excess water out of the cauliflower - this step is CRUCIAL. If not, you'll have a soggy mess on your hands! Pop a portion of the now finely chopped cauliflower into a milk bag or a tea towel, tie in a knot and get squeezing over a bowl! Place into a bowl and then pop another potion into your tea towel/ milk bag to squeeze and repeat.
- Once you have squeezed all of the water out, in a big mixing bowl stir the flour into the cauliflower and add the chia seeds, salt and pepper and olive oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Roll into balls and flatten on greaseproof paper on a baking tray. Bake in the oven for around 40-60 minutes or until golden. Take out and decorate with your topping and pop back in for a further 10 minutes or until your topping is cooked.