I have to admit, stuffed baked potatoes of alllll kinds are my new favourite obsession. I love how easy they are to batch cook and freeze. I take one out of the freezer in the morning and pop it into the oven at lunch time. Teamed with a simple salad and a light dressing of olive oil and honey, it makes a filling and nutritious lunch.
Why not experiment when it comes to stuffed potatoes? I love tuna and sweetcorn, or onion and mushrooms. Even garlic mushrooms with be an amazing filling. My mum makes chicken and sweetcorn stuffed jackets and SWEARS BY THEM!
Other potato recipes I think you may enjoy:
Mushroom & Pepper Stuffed Potato
A simple baked potato recipe using just a few ingredients.
Makes: 4 Servings
- 4 Large Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- 6 Mushrooms
- ½ Red Pepper
- 1 carton of Passata
- Sea Salt
- Pre-heat oven to 200’c. Rub potatoes in olive oil and some sea salt. Bake for 40-60 mins until soft through.
- Heat a frying pan on medium, add around a tbsp of olive oil.
- Fry the chopped mushrooms and red pepper in the pan. Add 1 carton of passata.
- Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and cut in half. Scoop out the inside and place in a bowl.
- Add the mushroom and pepper mix. Stir well.
- Spoon back into the potato jackets and cook for around 20 minutes or until crispy on top.