A simple, creamy mushroom rissoto jam packed with flavour. Dairy free, refined sugar free and gluten free.
Makes: 8 portions
- 10 Button Mushrooms
- 12 Oyster Mushrooms
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2.5 Cups or 460g of brown rice
- 2 Glasses of white wine. You can use gluten free and vegan friendly wine if you wish, it will work wonderfully.
- 1 Tin of coconut milk
- 2 Cups of boiling water
- 2 Tsp of thyme
- 1 Tsp of salt
- 1 Tsp of pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a large saucepan add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Heat the saucepan on medium.
- Add the onion, finely chopped and the garlic cloves, both crushed.
- Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the brown rice and stir well, leave to cook for 5 mins and stir occasionally.
- Now, add the white wine, coconut milk, 2 cups of boiling water, 2 tsp of thyme, 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of pepper and the zest and juice of 1 lemon.
- Bring to the boil and then lower the heat to medium again.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with a light salad.