These Potato & Spinach Frittas are really simple to make. They're gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free as well as being vegan friendly! You can pan fry these however I found they work much better baked in the oven. Enjoy these warm with chips or a salad OR eat them cold as a snack, which is what I do most of the time!
They would go so well with a sweet and sour dip and make a nice little party food dish. I make a huge batch of these on Sunday night to include in my little salad buddha bowls during the week. If you're in need of some inspiration for salads, check out my FREE Un-Boring Salad Guide here.
Potato & Spinach Frittas
Dairy Free & Gluten Free potato cakes which taste great hot but even better cold!
Makes: 12-16 Patties
- 3 Medium sized potatoes, chopped and boiled.
- 3 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 small onion
- 1 small clove of garlic
- salt & pepper to season
- A drop of rice milk
- Pre-heat oven to 200’c.
- Cut the potatoes into cubes, I leave on the skin for extra goodness. Place in a saucepan and boil for 15-20 mins until cooked.
- In a frying pan add a little olive oil and add the chopped onion and crushed garlic clove. Cook on medium heat until soft and golden.
- Add the 3 handfuls of spinach and cook for a few more minutes until the spinach wilts.
- Once both the potatoes and spinach mixture are cooked place in a food mixer, add salt and pepper and a drop of rice milk or plant based milk of your choice.
- Mix thoroughly
- Spoon onto greaseproof paper in a pattie/burger shape
- Bake for around 30 minutes.
- Serve with salad, or chips or whatever tickles your fancy!