A couple of years ago I created a Fig Jam recipe which I could eat - refined sugar free. It was absolutely delicious and I was so surprised by how many people found it useful, so this year I set about making a strawberry jam recipes, it’s one of my favourite kinds of jam. This recipe is rather tart, so you may want to add honey/agave syrup. It’s totally about what tastes best for you.
As with all jam making be sure to sterilise the jam pots properly before pouring the cool jam into them for storage. Pop them into a baking tray or a heat proof dish and pour boiling water from the kettle over them, make sure they over flow to sterilise the tops of them too. Be sure to pop the lids in the dish as well and pour boiling water over them. Wait for it too cool, empty and add the jam.
This recipe should work for any soft fruit, I’m looking forward to trying it with raspberries and blueberries. Please do let me know if you try it out! I’d love to hear what you think.
Sugar Free Strawberry Jam
A simple strawberry jam made with 3 ingredients and no added sugar.
Makes: 4-5 small Jars
- 2.5 kg of strawberries
- 100 ml of water
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- Wash the fruit and cut the stalks off. Cut into quarters.
- Place the strawberries into a large saucepan and cover with 100ml of water.
- Bring to the boil on high for 5 minutes.
- Simmer on low heat for 2 hours and stir occasionally.
- Stir in the lemon juice once you have taken the pan off the heat and leave to cool. Add honey or agave syrup to sweeten to taste if needed.
- Once cooled a little, spoon the jam into the sterilised jars and leave to cool fully.
- Keep the jam in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.