These tuna fish cakes were a proper little experiment, I tried cooking them in a frying pan at first - they didn't turn out quite right. Never one to give up, I had a go at baking the fish cakes in the oven instead - they turned out every kind of wonderful!
I only use one small tin of tuna in this recipe to make between 12-16 cakes. Feel free to add more tuna or any fish you fancy. I tend to keep my animal protein consumption pretty low as that's what makes me feel good. They taste great freshly cooked, but even better straight out of the fridge as a snack.
This recipe hasn't been created for you to follow the exact measurements and ingredients. It's meant to inspire you to create something different to your usual weekday meal. It's to motivate you to experiment with different flavours and to encourage you to eat the food that makes YOUR body feel good, whatever that may be!
Tuna Fish Cakes
Yummy tuna fish cakes which are dairy free and gluten free.
Makes: 12-16 Patties
- 3 Medium sized potatoes, chopped and boiled.
- 1 Tin of tuna
- 2 Tbsp of tamari sauce
- Salt & Pepper to season
- 2 Heaped spoons of rice flour
- Pre-heat oven to 200’c.
- In a food mixer, mix the pre-cooked chopped potatoes, tin of tuna, 2 tbsp of tamari sauce and salt and pepper.
- Add two heaped tablespoons of rice flour.
- Spoon onto greaseproof paper in a pattie/burger shape
- Bake for around 30 minutes.
- Serve with salad, or chips or whatever tickles your fancy!