Living in Barcelona I have tried quite the variety of tapas in my time here and I blooming well love a tostada. It’s basically toast, usually a rustic loaf, toasted, with tomato and olive oil rubbed on it topped with your desired topping. My fave is stir fried veggies.
A scrumptious lunch of toast rubbed with tomato and olive oil topped with veggies.
Makes: 2 slices
- 2 slices of bread
- One big, ripe tomato
- a few tbsps of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 small courgette
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of tomato puree
- In a frying pan fry the onion chopped up in a glug of olive oil.
- Once golden brown add the chopped courgette, chopped red pepper, tin of tomatoes and tomato puree.
- Add a tsp of paprika and leave to cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Once ten minutes have passed toast the bread.
- Once toasted cut the very ripe tomato in half and rub on the toast.
- Drizzle olive oil on top and salt and pepper.
- Finally add the cooked veggies and enjoy!