Quiche always reminds me of family celebrations, it was always on the table and a slice or two was often enjoyed cold the following day - always tasting so much better after the flavours had marinated overnight. This recipe is gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. It is also nut free too. Feel free to add chicken or bacon if you enjoy a meat quiche.
Vegetable quiche - vegan friendly - dairy free, refined sugar free, nut free and gluten free.
Makes: 1 large quiche
- 150g Rice Flour
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 onion/li>
- 1/2 red pepper
- 6 mushrooms
- 2 handfuls of kale
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 tin of sweetcorn
- 5 eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 190’c
- Mix 150g of rice flour a pinch of salt and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Pop into the oven to pre-bake for 10 minutes.
- In a frying pan cook a thinly sliced onion until golden brown on medium heat.
- Add the chopped 1/2 red pepper and sliced mushrooms. Mix well and add 2 handfuls of kale, a roughly chopped head of broccoli and a small tin of sweetcorn, cook and stir for 10-15 minutes.
- In a jug whisk 5 eggs thoroughly.
- Place the frying pan veggies into the pastry which has been pre-baked, pour the whisked eggs over the veggies and place back in the oven. Bake for a further 15-20 minutes until the egg has cooked thoroughly.
- The pastry will stay pretty pale as rice flour doesn't tend to brown. Removed from the oven, leave to rest for 5 minutes and enjoy.