Roasted butternut squash, peppers, onion and cherry tomatoes mixed with fluffy quinoa and crispy kale with a drizzle of orange and honey dressing. This veggie salad can be enjoyed as a warm salad or cold, it's totally up to you!
Experiment with the vegetables you include, courgette would be delightful in this as would sweet potato. Mix things up a little and see which you prefer. The same goes for dressing too. I really enjoyed an orange and honey dressing on this veggie salad however a soy/tamari sauce and lime dressing could work equally well!
If you're stuck for salad inspiration take a look at my free Un-Boring Salad Guide which is filled with tips and tricks to help you feel excited about salads.
Roasted Veggie Quinoa Salad
Roasted vegetables mixed with fluffy quinoa and an orange and honey dressing. Such a delicious salad to enjoy all year long warm or cold! This is gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
Makes: 4-6 Servings
- 1 red pepper
- 1 small butternut squash
- 1 small onion
- 3 handfuls of kale
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups of quinoa
- salt & pepper to season
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Optional dressing: Juice of one orange and 1 tbsp of honey
- Pre-heat oven to 180’c.
- Peel and cut up all of the vegetables. Pop all of them, accept the kale, into into a large bowl with a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and place onto a baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Whilst the vegetables are cooking, wash the quinoa in cold water.
- Cook the quinoa in boiling water for 15 mins, drain well.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, place the kale on the tray with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Now mix all of the ingredients thoroughly
- For the dressing squeeze the juice of one orange into a small bowl and add one tablespoon of honey.